- This event has passed.
April Membership Meeting: Event Planning In A Post Pandemic World
April 19 @ 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM$25.00 – $35.00
iTIP invites you to join hospitality professionals from across the state for a quarterly membership meeting. Hear from event experts about how the pandemic continues to change planning for community and statewide events. Network during lunch with breakout discussions and hear the latest updates from iTIP. Everything will be wrapped up in time to make it to the start of the Iowa Tourism Conference at 2 PM at the Des Moines Marriott Downtown.
Panelists include: Dana Jensen, Amana Colonies Festivals Inc.; Michaela Brown, Browns Century Theater; Stacy Doughan, Clear Lake Area Chamber; and Dave Herrell, Visit Quad Cities as the moderator.
Schedule of Events:
- 10:30 – 11 AM Registration / Networking
- 11 – 11:05 AM Welcome
- 11:05 – 11:45 AM Community Event Panel
- 12 – 12:45 PM Lunch / Industry Round Table Discussion
- 12:45 – 1 PM iTIP Updates
About the Panelists:
- Michaela Brown, Owner Browns Century Theater
- The Brown Family performs a variety of music shows for all ages. Visitors can catch special music guests, comedians, and broadway style musicals throughout the year for a Dinner Theater experience. Michaela Brown will share her insights of hosting multiple indoor events with visitors from all over the world.
- Dana Jensen, Director of Events Amana Colonies Festivals Inc.
- Amana Colonies Festivals, Inc helps organize 6 major festivals each year. Being a Germanic community they like a party or celebration, both large and small. The major events are well known and feature great food, fun, and culture. Hear from Dana Jensen on what she has learned over the last 18 months.
- Stacy Doughan, President/CEO Clear Lake Area Chamber
- In Clear Lake there are all kinds of events to enjoy throughout the year. Large events include Color the Wind, 4th of July, and Christmas by the Lake. A number of smaller events also take place throughout the year. Here from Stacy Doughan on how the Clear Lake Chamber teams helps to make sure each of these events is a success.
Online registration is now closed. Please contact Chelsea Lerud to register.