Website Discover Ames
Why Discover Ames?
An internship with Discover Ames will give you a hands-on opportunity to learn about the development, planning process, coordination and execution of meeting, convention and sports events that occur in Ames and at Iowa State University. You will be working alongside our sales and service team to assist some of the events hosted in Ames this spring and summer! Event Highlights – Special Olympics Iowa, Iowa Games, Iowa High School State Golf Championship, and other events taking place in our community. Our interns are paid through a monthly stipend during their internship.
When: February 12- July 24, 2024
Description of duties:
- Prep & Deliver VIP & Welcome Bags
- Help organize and process hotel lead sheets
- Assist at event registration/check in tables
- Help coordinate event logistics such as shuttles, signage, Ambassadors
- Volunteer recruitment through outreach via email, phone, and mailing to local service groups for volunteers to assist with specific events such as Iowa Games & Special Olympics
- Other duties as needed
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- February through mid-May – 20-30 hours per week.
- Mid May – early August – 30-40 hours per week. Stipend will increase through the summer months due to increased hours.
- Flexible schedule required. Will include non-traditional business hours, including weekends.
- Previous experience in event planning-related field
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed oriented, strong communication skills
- Willingness to jump into any task given to them or where they see a need
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products, knowledge with Canva
- Must be a team player and work well with others
- A valid driver’s license
Important Dates that will be required to work:
- February 17
- April 2
- May 13-27
- June 15-16
- July 19-21
How to apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references.
Deadline to apply: December 1, 2023
Veronica Tarello, Visitor Experience Coordinator
email@example.com | 515-817-6314 (o)
The internship will be located off campus at the Discover Ames Office in the Aspen Business Park and is accessible by CYRide.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org