Website Vacation Okoboji
Job Title: Tourism & Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Okoboji Tourism Director
Mission: To responsibly promote the Iowa Great Lakes to potential and returning visitors.
Summary: Supports efforts of the Okoboji Tourism Committee with the promotion and marketing of area attractions, businesses, and events while cultivating a favorable public image the Iowa Great Lakes area.
- Support efforts in coordination with area marketing and public relations needs.
- Create digital content to tell the story of the Iowa Great Lakes Area.
- Leverage the Vacation Okoboji social media channels to promote area hotels, attractions, restaurants, shopping, and community events.
- Maintain the VacationOkoboji.com site (events, attractions, blogs).
- Support in the creation and publishing of e-newsletters for Vacation Okoboji.
- Coordinate & assist in the mailing and delivery of visitor guides.
- Answer phone and email inquiries regarding tourism activities in the Iowa Great Lakes.
- Assist Tourism Director with the production of the annual visitor guide.
- Assist visitors with finding lodging that best fits their needs and special requests.
- Sustain a database for all tourist inquiries and source for the calls or emails – to determine maximum benefit of advertising dollars spent.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates an ability to represent and promote the area, establishing and maintaining professional work relationships with management, coworkers, committee members, outside organizations, and the public.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement, respect for others, customer orientation, data-driven decisions, positive attitude, innovation, honesty and integrity, creativity, ingenuity, and community involvement.
- Demonstrates an ability to be highly organized, to prioritize work with limited direction, and take initiative during down time.
- A love and appreciation of the Iowa Great Lakes Area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An outstanding working knowledge of Mac operating systems, desktop publishing programs, website development and content management, social media channels, and email.
- Valid Iowa Drivers’ license; some travel required.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a list of references to Okoboji Tourism Director, Rebecca Peters, at: email@example.com
Okoboji Tourism Committee
C/O Rebecca Peters
PO Box 215
Okoboji, IA 51355
or drop off at the Okoboji Tourism Committee office located at 243 W. Broadway St., Arnolds Park IA.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org