Website Dyersville Area Chamber of Commerce
Function: Tourism Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing and increasing tourism in the Dyersville area. Work includes a variety of day-to-day duties involving tourism and Chamber marketing, social media, event planning, communication and financial management.
Tasks to be performed include, but are not limited to:
Tourism Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the Tourism Committee to develop strategies, programs, and budget to promote tourism.
• Develop and implement a tourism marketing plan to increase hotel/motel tax.
• Implement cooperative advertising programs integrating the tourism related segments that exist in the area. Make affordable and effective media buys to promote and increase tourism in the Dyersville area.
· Prepare information to media to build stories for unique selling points on area attractions/businesses
• Serve as the contact person for all motorcoach and tourism events by responding to inquiries in a timely manner. Develops itinerary and confirm local reservations for groups/conventions/events.
· Assist in planning & scheduling itineraries & familiarization tours of the area for media, event planning, tour operators and travel writers.
• Develop relationships with national, international and regional tourism based publications and writers, tours operators and organizational groups.
• Update and monitor the web content, www.dyersville.org and measure the effectiveness.
• Gather data, prepare annual tourism information and present to Chamber Board of Directors, Tourism Committee and City of Dyersville Council persons.
• Oversee design/printing of marketing publications
• Represent the area in joint planning sessions to establish regional tourism activities; serve local committees that enhance tourism and foster economic development. Maintains a positive relationship with the business community and maintains public awareness of tourism issues and advertising opportunities.
• Commits to maintaining and strengthening industry knowledge by attending industry conferences, establishing professional networks, trade shows, and familiarization with tours for journalists, tour operators and group planners.
• Coordinate annual program events. Assist with events/projects as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
a. Answer calls on multi-line phone for the Dyersville Area Chamber of Commerce and Dyersville Economic Development.
b. Greet members and guests who with professionalism and warmth.
c. Preparation and delivery of the Chamber monthly newsletter
d. Maintains Chamber’s Facebook page. Generate posts on social media platforms to promote area, activity and give information.
a. Maintain all accounting records including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial reports, deposits, and statements.
b. Work with accountant to ensure that necessary documents are sent with forms filed out in a timely manner, and that the records are available for use by staff.
c. Prepare and send invoices to members and customers.
d. Responsible for end of the month procedure, bank deposits and posting payments received.
a. Attend and take minutes of monthly Chamber Board of Directors, tourism and annual event meetings.
b. Coordinate Annual events such as Women’s Night, Battle of the Business, along with other events that may come up.
c. Assist the Executive Director with the planning and coordination of projects as assigned.
d. Attend and contribute to weekly staff planning meetings.
e. Assist as needed in a small and busy office atmosphere.
f. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Executive Director; in the absence of an Executive Director then the board President.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
a. Knowledge of tourism industry and the Dyersville area
b. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general budget and financial reports.
c. Knowledge of website development, social media, Microsoft Office, ChamberMaster and Mailchimp.
d. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and marketing plans.
e. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from assembly, administration and the general public.
f. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and create solutions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. Must have access to a personal vehicle and will be reimbursed for mileage at the IRS Standard Mileage Rate when traveling for business.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation & benefits:
· Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
· Single health plan
· Simple IRA plan
· Mileage reimbursement
· Cell phone stipend
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com