Website Discover Ames
ABOUT DISCOVER AMES
Team members at Discover Ames have a passion for Ames and Iowa State University. It’s our responsibility to bring visitors to Ames and provide excellent service. We do this through a team that takes initiative, a team that is innovative and a team that values working together to provide the best experience for our visitors.
Serve as the project manager to administer support functions and services required for events, groups, and individual visitors. Build relationships of local service providers and serve as an integral liaison between Ames and Iowa State University (ISU) service providers. Support business development initiatives in the recruitment and submission of proposals for new and returning events. Lead the Ames area partnership recruitment and development efforts.
- Serve as the project manager to oversee the coordination of operations and services for conferences and events of Discover Ames and select services for ISU Conference Planning and Management (CPM)
- Develop strong relationships with clients to ensure their needs are met and strengthen the opportunity of the event returning to Ames
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and communications with service providers.
- Lead the recruitment and development initiatives for Ames area partners and supporters
- Collaborate with the business development team and ISU CPM in the creation and submission of select proposals for returning events, representing the Ames and ISU hospitality community
- Manage and oversee the Ambassadors program
- Manage the ordering, inventory, collation, and distribution of the visitor promotional items
- Manage visitor service inquiries and requests
- Develop and manage internship program including hiring, scheduling, directing, and evaluating
- Actively participate on the Discover Ames leadership team in providing input towards organizational vision and goals
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable the Discover Ames Visitor Experience team
- In collaboration with sales team and ISU CPM, provide service on events and ensure event success
- General and overall assistance with administration and sales as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to lead projects effectively
- Committed to be a team player
- Highly self-motivated and ability to be self-directed and lead others
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Committed to relationship-building with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Exceptional listening skills and the ability to anticipate business needs
- Work from the Ames office location
All application documents should be submitted via email to email@example.com and include:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Three professional references including names and contact information
First consideration if applied by March 23, 2023
Questions should be directed to President/CEO, Kevin Bourke, firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-460-8870.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com