The program areas identified are not a plan, but rather a blueprint for how together the travel industry can identify opportunities and take action on critical issues with the purpose of growing travel in Iowa.
- Develop and promote a membership program.
- Encourage Membership that reflects the diversity of the travel industry.
- Build relationships both within the travel industry and externally with aligned partners from other sectors.
- Identify data and conduct research to quantify the impact of travel in Iowa.
- Build mentoring relationships to elevate professionalism.
- Provide technical and professional services to members.
- Develop grant programs that meet member needs.
- Design resources to assist members through an online library.
- Design an education plan which delivers training across the state and uses technology to increase access.
- Provide education on best practices, trends, and strategies that enhance the travel industry.
- Coordinate networking opportunities for members.
- Implement a professional development and leadership training program.
- Education committee collaborates with 501c3 to develop programming.
- Provide a unified voice for state and federal issues which effect the travel industry.
- Identify key issues threatening Iowa’s travel industry and coordinate legislative events.
- Build support through coalitions for appropriate public policy to address key issues or opportunities.
- Empower members with information to advocate for policies at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Develop a strategic marketing plan for external and internal audiences.
- Develop niche partnerships in areas of group travel, sports, leisure travel, setting, and other niche markets.
- Collaborate with the Iowa Economic Development Authority.
- Foster a culture of public-private partnerships.
- Cultivate innovations amongst members.
UNITE WITH iTIP
Get involved with iTIP to help advance the travel and hospitality industry of Iowa. United, the travel industry can accomplish great things.