The program areas identified are not a plan, but rather a blueprint for how together the travel industry can identify opportunities and take action on critical issues with the purpose of growing travel in Iowa.
- Manage a membership program to create a sustainable association.
- Recruit a diverse membership that reflects the Iowa travel industry.
- Build relationships with aligned partners to strengthen the tourism & hospitality industries.
- Identify data and conduct research to quantify the impact of travel in Iowa.
- Build mentoring relationships to elevate professionalism.
- Design resources to assist members.
- Design an education plan which delivers training across the state and uses technology to increase access.
- Coordinate networking opportunities for members.
- Implement a professional development and leadership training program.
- Provide a unified voice for state and federal issues which effect the travel industry.
- Identify key issues threatening Iowa’s travel industry and coordinate legislative events.
- Empower members with information to advocate for policies at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Promote Iowa’s niche opportunities in areas of group travel, sports, meetings, leisure travel, and others.
- Collaborate with the Iowa Economic Development Authority and align with industry strategic plan.
- Educate the industry on iTIP’s programs and benefits.
UNITE WITH iTIP
Get involved with iTIP to help advance the travel and hospitality industry of Iowa. United, the travel industry can accomplish great things.